Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Future of the Skateboard Blog

The skateboard blog. Is it dead or alive? In my opinion it is, for the most part, alive and well. It has, like skateboarding itself, rolled with the punches, dealt with the changes, and kept right on trucking.
Oh the punches. What can beat up a skateboard blog? Primarily, I would say low readership, which can be attributed to a handful of various factors such as bad writing, uninteresting or irrelevant content, and competition from other blogs or websites.

To say that social media has changed since I started this page nine years ago would be an understatement. When I launched this blog, the laptop computer was still the tech device of choice. Now, we no longer have to tote a big ol' laptop anywhere! The advance of handheld devices and smart phones brought along applications like Instagram which is blooming with skateboard clips and photos from skaters and brands using the photo based app as means of promotion via social media. And I'm still here, banging on the keyboard of a six year old HP desktop, bring you all of what I find relevant to my microcosm of the skateboarding universe.

And, like a lot of my favorites, I'm still here. I have to admit that there are times when it is difficult to come up with content, but there is ALWAYS something going on in the world of skateboarding. With all of the old guard still here and new blogs popping up, I believe the skateboard blog is here to stay whether we want it or not. To those of you who do, and those of you who take the time to stop by and look at what I have posted, I thank you. Here's to more skateboarding in 2016 and beyond.

No comments: