Monday, January 17, 2011

Jeff's Skateboard Page Looks At SkatePaige

In the quest to find a deck compatible with Independent 149's, I have been looking at several companies. Being broke as hell typically prevents me from buying brand name decks unless I can get them for a deal from one of friends. I look for quality and function while searching for a shape that will fit most skate situations. While I have two boards set up for park riding, I like to keep an 'all around' board set up. My choice for the last three years has been the Krooked Zig Zagger. I still have a brand new one in the closet, never set up. In looking for a new shape to break the monotony I ran across this...
8 7/8" x 32 3/4" 'Side-G' from SkatePaige. Classic Caster shape, 15" wheel base. I can see setting this beast up on 1/4" risers with 60mm wheels, preferably the Bones ATF that Marc gave me. This deck has a functional shape and looks to be perfect fit to my search for the best 'all around' board for me.


This is the 9" by 32 1/2" 'POOLBOY' by SkatePaige. Square tail with a rounded new school shape nose and a 15" wheelbase.

SkatePaige also stocks Indy Trucks, bearings, uncut blanks, and loose veneer sets to make your own boards.
Look for the 'Side-G' in action here on Jeff's Skateboard Page this Spring.

No comments: