Tuesday, November 30, 2010

There's No Place Like Marc's For The Holidays

I promised myself I would skate as much as possible this winter. Marc must have heard me because I've been outfitted with an official Marc's Board Shop hoody. And look at the wheels on the shirt. They almost look real.

Thank you Marc and Marc's Board Shop for the continued support of Jeff and his work at Jeff's Skateboard Page. A set of Bones ATF 60mm 80a replacements for the ones I blew out. I love the smooth ride of the All Terrain Formula and they are about half the size and weight of my other favorites, the Rat Bones 60mm 85a. Like Joe said, "I feel like I'm riding on heavy cream."

A grip of goods. If I promised you stickers, then they are on the way. You can thank Marc!

I miss being able to walk in and watch a video and just lurk. It's rare that you find a skate shop where you are accepted as a skateboard fanatic and not looked over head to toe and judged by the way you are dressed. There is too much divisiveness in skateboarding today. One thing we have tried to accomplish, and in my opinion have been successful at, is showing the people we skate in front of at demos or skate with at events that skateboarding is multidisciplinary. That is too say that freestyle, old school, new school, slalom, downhill, longboarding, vert, pool, park, street, is all SKATEBOARDING. You don't have to like it, but at least respect it.