Friday, November 19, 2010

Some Words About Why I Do What I Do

Tools of the trade.

Autumn in black and white.

Sticker for a skate contest. Pistolas and 40oz bottles optional.

Yours Truly, nappin' on the job.

I do it for the Love. Period. The Love of skateboarding and the Love of photography. It has nothing to do with with narcissism, (defined as inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity), shameless self-promotion, attention seeking, or wishing to be sponsored. I often post pictures of myself because I typically skate alone. On occassion, I am fortunate enough to be in the company of my wife, son, Tommy Gun, Marc, or countless others from the cast of hundreds in the local area. As a college student, I took every class my local university offered in photography. When the classes were over, I became the lab tech. I have always had a deep rooted Love for photography, and to say that I wasn't influenced by the likes of Grant Brittain, MoFo, BK, and Lance Dawes would be a blatant lie. That is why to this day I continue to take photos. I realize my work may be redundant, but what you see before you is a chronicle of skateboarding compiled over the last three years or more. There is a lot of history in these web pages and there are a lot of curb grinds. I'll keep skateboarding as long as my body allows. And I'll keep taking photographs until I can't push a button or set the timer anymore. I've never claimed to be a good skater, there is no vanity in my reason for sharing my skateboarding life online. I do it for the Love. I don't care what people think about me and what I do. Skateboarding is between you and your skateboard. And sometimes a camera.

No comments: