Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bones ATF 60mm

The Bones ATF 60mm 80a All Terrain Formula.

Yours truly powers through a backside curb slappie with the help of Bones ATF wheels.

O.K., we'll get this out of the way first. These wheels DO NOT SLIDE. As my friend Tom said "Well, they're not supposed to." Now that we got that point taken care of I'll tell the rest of the story. What these wheels do well is grip and provide a stable and smooth ride suitable for all terrains. They are quiet and fast. I am a big fan of the re-issued Rat Bones 60mm 85a and saw the Bones ATF as a suitable replacement. In comparison the Bones ATF is a slim wheel when compared to the wide Rat Bones. If you are looking for a great all around "all terrain" wheel suitable for street, park, or whatever you choose to ride then the Bones ATF is your wheel. Available in a variety of sizes ranging from 52, 54, 56, and 60mm.

3 comments:

K3 said...

Thanks for posting this. I mainly skate at my local concrete park only and I don't really need soft wheels there because the crete is so smooth. But anywhere else, I feel like my legs are going to fall asleep from all the vibration those small hard wheels give off...I remember in 2006, I attended a Go Skateboarding Day event where everyone skated down the road and my feet actually did go numb or fall asleep or something from the vibration. Anyhow, I'll take note of the wheels you recommend. I guess I really need two setups, one for rough roads and one for the skatepark. :)

Jeff said...

My 38 year old knees appreciate the soft wheels. If you want to save some money you can buy these Bones in different formulas in a size you like and switch them out (like if you had a set of ATF 54mm for street and a set of SPF 54mm for park). I did that with the Zig Zagger. Two sets of 60mm Rat Bones, one 97a for park, one 85a for street. Thanks again for stopping by and reading my ramblings.

K3 said...

No problem Jeff, I think we share a common obsession! :)