Friday, March 28, 2008

Stevie Caballero's Blogspot Page Is Rad!




Steve Caballero is a skateboarding legend. One of the first pro model boards I ever laid eyes on was a Cab Dragon circa 1985. It belonged to my friend Rob. Cab has survived the ups and downs of skateboarding over the years and still rips to this very day. He has a positive message and is one of the kindest and most humble people you may ever meet.
It was in the summer of 2006 when we were attending the 3rd day of the Oregon Trifecta at Newberg. Emily and the Grom and I were on our way to the car to drop a ton of schwag we had collected before the Masters took to the bowls. Padding up at his car parked next to ours was Stevie Cab. He and his daughter were getting ready to go in to the skate contest but he took the time to talk to us and autograph Grom's hat and Em's shirt. The only words I could muster were "Much Respect Cab, Thanks for Skateboarding." I probably came across as a kook but whatever. I mean, this guy has been a huge part of skateboarding since I started over 23 years ago and is going as strong today as ever still riding for Powell. He was also one of the first of a handful of pro skaters to have a signature shoe, the original being a hi top. Thanks to Skate and Annoy for the tip, and Thank You Steve Caballero for being the skater you are.

4 comments:

Stevie Caballero said...

Jeff,
thanks for all the kind words, encouragement and support over the years, means alot! plus thanks for the props on your blogpage too:)
I appreciate anyone who is inspired by what i do, because it means that i had a hand in touching another persons life in all the hard work i've done over the years. I thank God daily for the gifts, talents and also the platform he has given to me! So i just want to give back to those who have supported my lifestyle because without the fans, friends, family and the grace of God, i wouldn't have gotten this far in life. To come up to someone you admire takes courage, so i don't take advantage of the situation and don't take it for granted. I love letting people know i appreciate them and their support.
keep skating:)
Grace and peace,
CAB

Jeff said...

Stevie, Thank You. Much Respect Cab! Your contribution to skateboarding is monumental to say the least.
Jeff.

larryosaurus said...

Excellent post Jeff!

And..Steve Freakin' Caballero. Wow!

I think I just cried a little bit.

No, I did just cry a little bit.

Jeff said...

Thanks Jackie, I can't say that I'm not STOKED! Right ON!