Thursday, February 21, 2008

Riddle of the '80's



Or more like remembering the '80's with Goat Boy. The "no comply" is a no hands boneless invented by John Lucero and Neil Blender. Natas showed us to do it in Trasher. There are endless variations of this trick today thanks to the likes of Matt Hensley, Ray Barbee, Mike Vallely, and Mark Gonzales among many others. The no comply can be done on flat ground, banks, transition, and over parking blocks. I "bonk" the back wheels off of the curb and then jump for my life. This pic was snapped around the summer of 1989 judging by the purple corduroy L.A. Lakers cap, the Santa Monica Airlines shirt, the Adidas hi tops, and the SMA Natas with Thunder Trucks. And about those Vision Street Wear shorts...


2 comments:

larryosaurus said...

Awesome! I'd forgotten about this trick until I watched one of yer videos. So I'm glad you posted this because... I forgot again :(

Can I hold those shorts for a while? :D

Jeff said...

Vision Street Wear. What can I say? They were at least tan/khaki and weren't filled with one of those oversized Vision logos on one whole leg but yeah I probably had those as well. Most peeps try to keep this ish in the closet but not me, oh no...