Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wake Me When It's Spring





The old timers tell me "Spring is just around the corner". Will someone take me to the corner and drop me off? I don't do well with early mornings and now as I am "maturing" I have discovered that I don't do well with winter either. Despite the fact that there is an indoor skatepark minutes from my house I still crave to roll on concrete out of doors and free of restriction. And emphasis on the word "free". Why would I pay to do something I should be able to do for free? Meanwhile I'm packing back on the pounds lost over last spring and summer with an ever growing beer gut and an even more ever growing supply of Miller High Life in the fridge. At around $6.00 (American) for a 12 pack of bottles it is almost free. Now one could argue "Jeff, don't buy that beer, go skate at the park" to which I would reply "Let's buy beer and go skate". Jackie, this spring you gotta take me to that mini ramp so I can get hurt, I mean skate. You can even blindfold me on the way there. I swear I won't give up its secure location. The above sequence of my frontside boardslide to fakie was shot by my Loving Wife, Emily, back when I was just a little skinnier, or not as fat if you must, and the weather suited my clothes.

2 comments:

larryosaurus said...

It's a date! Well, date may not be the right word... :D

Yeah, and f#@k this cold weather. I finally understand why old people keep their houses 100 degrees year round.

Jeff said...

ROFL. The indoor skate park was even a little chilly today but then again the elderly and infirm are ALWAYS COLD! Outstanding! See you this spring.