Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blunts


Before blunts became a no handed trick skaters would grab their board and haul balls toward a curb and upon impact they would pull the board up and use the ball hauling momentum to launch themselves over the curb they had just smashed into a split second before. There were different variations such as the stalefish noseblunt and my preferred mute grab while rolling fakie (sorry I don't speak switch and I push Mongo while going fakie so sue me). Using that momentum I pull the board up and smash the tail to the curb upon landing. I once saw Scott Ricks skating with an empty beer case on his head and going about a million miles per hour before he grabbed frontside and launched a blunt over a four foot wide wooden sidewalk manny pad combo that had been built for this particular demo. That was well over 17 years ago I'm sure but the blunt is still punk rock skateboarding at its best.

No comments: