Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Tom Batchelor Band Gets IRIE!






The Tom Batchelor Band provided an Irie and positive energy to the crowd at Charleston's Empty Glass Pub. Opening the first set with Bob Marley's "Small Axe" the band set the pace for a night of incredible Reggae music. Andy was working the sound board and using some tricks he learned from New York's original live dub experience Dub Is A Weapon, and I mean Andy was WORKING the board. The sound was awesome. The band worked "Bank Robber" by The Clash into the set as well as "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth" by Bad Brains. I realized tonight that I have been watching this band in one form or another for the last 17 years. Wow. That is nearly half my life. The RASTA RAFIKI tour dates are set for the third week of September for the West Virginia area. I'll post them at some point in the not too distant future. I only wish these pictures could speak the music I heard tonight.

No comments: