Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday Skate Pics And All The News You Can't Wait To Lose I Ride My Trucks Way Too Loose




Saturday came again as it does each week only it's early August and we are ushering in the Dog Days of Summer with high heat and hazy humid jungle like conditions. Conditions that are conducive to making your body produce sock soaking skate sweat that is rivaled only by the current monsoons of South East Asia. Since today's skating was done by me, myself, and I, I have included three pics of the various spots I like to skate on Saturday. The first pic is the curb slappy spot that I have skated for at least 18 years now. It's like being on coping and if you go fast enough you can make it around the kink where the gravel meets the sidewalk. Fun. The second pic is my board and another curb I found to boardslide on. Art for Art's sake I guess. Finally it's the Old Dirty Wall Ride Spot. Man this joint is rough. After picking up five or six cans of Steel Reserve left behind by the local vagrants and sweeping away the dirt, glass, and gravel, I was ready to skate. My strategy for the Old Dirty is to ride up the right side and wall ride over the grass and toilet paper and land in the dirt, glass, and gravel on the other side. Rad. I pulled four out of seven on it today so I'm stoked.

5 comments:

Marc's Board Shop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc's Board Shop said...

You need rails from Marc's Board Shop.com , lol

Jeff said...

isn't that the truth, do you have them in black?

backinwv said...

cool pics. you should post more pics of some of the guys who ride coonskin on a regular basis. i was there this weekend.and seen some sick stuff go down.one burly no shirted guy doing huge airs on the 5 ft. quaters to transfer. this skinny dude ive seen there before was killing it. he pulled a backsideflip180 off the wall over the picnic table. same dude was doing backside 360's off the kicker at least 3 feet above the wall. i was stoked!

Jeff said...

Thanks for the suggestion DubVee. Maybe we could do a locals profile or something. Word Up! Keep it positive.