Thursday, August 30, 2007

Photo Effects




I worked a lot with black and white photography as a college student. I shot with a Pentax K1000 fully manual 35mm camera. I was really into the archival processing of b&w film and prints. My favorite things were sepia tone and cyan tone which gave these black and white pics an even deeper degree of timelessness. Today I shoot with a Kodak digital and can make pics sepia, b&w, or even coloring book format by just pointing and clicking. Here are 3 examples and the differences are subtle but obvious. Evan's pic is first followed by his dad Dave in timeless Sepia. Eli wraps it up with a longboard manny. Skating is not happening at the moment as we are waiting out an intense thunderstorm. Hopefully the parking garage will be dry tonight.

No comments: