Thursday, July 19, 2007

Cruisers


Cruisers are one of the more recent trends in skateboarding. Most likely popularized by the movie Lords Of Dogtown, cruisers can be found in most every board companies catalog. Having recently attended some nice slalom races I too caught the cruiser bug. My friend Dave gave me this Quest Q38 deck over a year ago. Marc came thru with the Indy's and I added the ABEC Gumballs. Riding the cruiser is a totally different experience from riding my "street" board. Nothing compares to flowing down hills, streets, wheelchair ramps, grass slopes, etc., on a longboard. Big soft wheels roll over cracks that would throw me even on my 60mm Rat Bones. Add to the equation an iPod loaded with your favorite tunes and you are in for a good time. It's like having your own soundtrack as you cover ground on fat wheels. Check out Sector 9. They are not your average longboard company and their riders rip. I recommend a cruiser for every skater. They're fun. And fun is why we skate. You may find that by trying different aspects of skating such as slalom or vert that your overall skills will improve resulting in you being a more well rounded skater. And not rounded like a beer gut is rounded but rounded as in skilled.

No comments: